2012. május 13., vasárnap

Final checkpoint

So now I'm writing from Southampton. More particulary: Kingsley road 75. And the upper level of the house.
But how did it happen that I'm here? It was like this:
Farry ticket already ordered for 29 Euros...

...so esterday night around 7 o' clock I set in my Seat and pushed the gas towards the La Manche channel.
When aproaching the port, I saw a sight what is really rare to see: there was no moon or sun, but the clouds clould be visible... even with low quality photo camera:
Probably because of the planty lights of the docks.

It took five hours to arrive there so even before 1 AM I was at the dock, waiting in the car line to get on the farry. So i was there two hours before the check in. I saw some movies from the laptop, bite some candies listen some music just to make the time to pass faster.

After one hour I felt sleepy so I lean to the window and felt asleep. My next memory it was that I heard a horn from beside me. I scared up from dreams and realized that I'm the only one standing there with the car, everybody else is already on the ferry. It was 3:45, and the Farry departed at 4.
So it happened like this I almost missed the farry even if I arrived 3 hours before.

After this a long 3 hours came and I could try how is driving in the left side. It was all right, did just one time to face a car in the right lane. Weird but can get used:

Anything else was all right.

Here's Dover at morning:
(Private humour: I'm on a horse... isn't it, Old Spice)

Arrived to Southampton, leave the car without asking ticket and run to change money. I survived without parking penalty, but it was too early to be happy 'cause of it.
Met with Simon, pay the rent, fill the contract, wish a good day, so everything was fine. After moved in I just realized I don't have any bedding and additionaly my laptop died because I didn't have adapter for this English, 3 phase plug.

Went to a hypermarket, bought bedding and adapter for 80 Pounds and back to the car. But alas! I didn't set my watch to UK time and I tought it's just passed 6 o' clock so the parking ticket is free. But actually it was just 5 o' clock. So meanwhile shoppping, I got a 25 Pounds penalty at 5:47 (13 minutes before the parking became free).

But finally I moved in and right now I gonna jump into my soft California-king-bed surrounded by new bedding ten thoulsand miles apart. I can do it already ;)

For some extra here I come with a late-afternoon-idyl from North France. I think, they're doing it perfect:
Let's copy them!

Mooood night!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése