2012. május 26., szombat

Phone card

Do you know, how bad is to be without a phone. All right, it's not the end of the world but people usually got used with it and we can not think about the world without it. How to say, it's normal.
So my short story is about my Tesco mobile card, what made me to be without phone for a few days. But let's see, how it happened.

So first I bought my Orange pay-as-you-go sim card (pre-pay) and I used it 'till the balance became 0. After this card I saw a better offer at the Tesco: for 20 pounds top up I got additionally 40 Pounds in my balance. It sounds good so I bought it.
I had bring it home and other day, when I was speaking with somebody, my call was disrupted after 49 seconds and the automatic operator told me immediately: your balance is 0.
HOW COME? I had 20 ponds in my card just one day ago. What happened?
I started to call the customer service, but the service provider always forwarded my call to the Tesco top-up service, adviced me to top up my card. But I DIDN'T want to top up. I wanted to speak with the customer service to know, what happened. So I tried a lot of other numbers of the customer services, but without success.
I startet do search after forums, maybe somebody had the same problem. But no.
After a while I found a forum, what says, I have to pay 8 pence/minute for the customer service calls. Ahham! Then I understood, why was my call always forwarded to the top-up service.
So I took my stuff and went out to call them from a coin-drop-in phone. I did it, and for 2,5 Pounds and 7 minutes we (the operator and me) found out the problem.

...you know that feeling, when you can not resolve a problem, just thinking and thinking, but the answer is in the front of your face.
...you know that feeling, when you are just thinking and thinking and, 'cause you can not find the solution, you think, somebody else is the guilty.
...you know that feeling, when you are blaming somebody else, but actually you are the guilty, just don't know it yet.
...and you know that feeling, when suddenly you understand everything...

that feeling is not good.

So, to continue my story, I can say - reading the things what I just wrote above -, you know how I felt.
What was the problem? Me, obviously. When bought my card, I got a voucher with it (voucher is a kind of receipt). The voucher was my top-up warrant. And to activate it I should have call that number from my phone. Otherwise I had basicly just 1 Pound on it, what is enought for 49 second of speach...

So after that the story should continue with: "I lashed my forehade and got the voucher and called the number and live happily ever after..."

BUT NO!

I came home from the local phone cabin to take my voucher but I just realized that I threw it out already. Oh yes!
Rund down the stairs, snap out the door, open the bin-lid and thanks for god, the garbage is still inside. Inside the two full 200 liter bins. So let's start the work...
It took almost one hour, but in the bottom of the last plastic bag i found my 20 Pounds worth voucher.

And yes, after this, the story is obvious.
So this was the story about my dumb head and the innocent Tesco card.

Never judge too early!

But sleap well ;)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése